Friday, September 30, 2016

Letter 4: September 30, 2016

Iokwe! 

This week I got a stuffy nose, and I got a cough, and also a headache. It was terrible. Thankfully I brought Ibuprofen to relieve the pain. 

Thank you for sending those packages, I really liked receiving my favorite snacks.  I feel a little bit better today. I got the picture book, thank you. I like it a lot. Thank you! You have a great General Conference too! Do you read my emails together on Friday nights?  Love you!  Thank you for sending the packages! I will send the camera I have next week. I don't really need anything right now. Just the black crocs and the smaller camera. Thank you!

Kajin Majel (Marshallese) is still hard. When I teach the investigator (our teacher) with my companion I don't use notes. Which is good! I am trying to memorize the first vision in marshallese. this is what I memorized so far: Iaar lo juon juorn meram lukkuun ioon wot bora. ilontok meram. 

I am not sure when we leave the MTC, but I do know that we have three weeks left. I have made friends with my whole district, and others in other districts. Elder Hanson, Elder Barrow, Elder Anderson are close friends of mine. 

Brother Switcher,and Sister Switcher spoke to us on Tuesday. Sister Switcher talked about living with no regrets, and Elder Switcher talked about the commandments, and how to teach, and apply them to investigators. Something that surprised me about the MTC was the schedule, every day at the MTC is planned for you.

Saturday: At 2:00 p.m. we have to teach two TRC. The lessons are 20 minutes long. TRC's are members who know your mission language, and come to the MTC so you can teach them, help them come unto Kraist, and you are able to practice your mission language. I was so nervous, but when we started teaching, the nervousness left. We taught them the importance of keeping the sabbath day holy, and the blessings that come when you are obedient. 

Sunday: I love Sunday's, I love the Sacrament, and renewing my covenants with God, I love listening to the inspirational devotionals, I love watching spiritual movies that uplift, and edify me. I was not called to give a talk during Sacrament meeting, but I liked the talks that were given, I felt the Spirit. Brother Allen gave a great talk, about keeping your head held high, not in a prideful manner, but to be happy. I watch 17 miracles with my district. The saints went through alot just to get to Zion (Salt Lake Valley) they had so many trials; ran out of food, people got sick then eventually died, physical pains, but the Saint's had immense faith. They pushed through there hard trials, and they were blessed, because of there faith. I encourage you guys to watch 17 miracles. It is a great movie!

Monday: Today has been a good day! I feel like throughout the day me and Elder Uitu are being friendlier and kinder to each other. We had service again this morning. My favorite breakfast in the MTC is sausage, egg, and tator tots, it is the best! I had two plates of that! Got my first package of the week from you! My teacher served in the Marshall's and Kiribati, He says "yous" a lot, his name is Brother Tonini. He is from Texas, but he now has an Australian accent. 

Tuesday: For the devotional, Brother Switcher, and Sister Switcher spoke. Sister Switcher spoke about living with no regrets. Brother Switcher spoke about the commandments, and how you can teach, and apply them to the investigators 

Wednesday:Today my mottan (companion) had to get an interview for his temple reccomend with President Beurgess the MTC president. Played volleyball during exercise time. Had so much fun! I am starting to get pretty good at volleyball, and starting to spike the volleyball.


Ij iokwe eok! I love you!

Elder Sien

No comments:

Post a Comment