Sunday, October 23, 2016

Letter 7: October 23, 2016

Iokwe!

I am doing great! It is beautiful here in the Marshall Islands! I love the weather here it is way better than Utah. A lot warmer , it is nice , and humid. I like the humidity, it is nice. I am serving in Long Island which is an area in Majuro. there is a lot of trees here. There are Pandanus trees, breadfruit trees, banana trees, and other trees. I will send pictures next week. I live with the assistants to the presidents, they live in an apartment close to the mission office, and to the president Larkins house. My trainer is Elder Helgenburger he is one of the assistants to the president. Monday is my new p-day. I have mostly eaten rice, ramen, tuna, and spam. There is a ton of children everywhere, there is also a ton of dogs, and cats. 

Hawaii was good, when we got to Hawaii it was around 3:30 p.m. We took the hotel bus to the hotel, which was 15 minutes away from the airport. right in front of the hotel is a highway then a freeway right on top of it. Since Elder Uitu leaves on Thursday, Elder Kendrick was my temporary companion. once we got our luggage in our room. Me, E Kendrick, E House, E Dunn took a taxi to Costco. To fix E Kendrick, and I glasses, we also ate there, I had a Hot dog, and a chicken bake. I wanted to see the USS Arizona memorial but it was already closed. At around 8:00 p.m. I went with E Hansen, E Barrow, E Koleni to a grocery store to get fresh fruit. E Hansen got a pineapple, and a dragon fruit. the dragon fruit was disgusting, and the pineapple was not ripe enough. Hawaii is beautiful, and green.

I love you guys!

Elder Sien

No comments:

Post a Comment