Saturday, October 15, 2016

Letter 6: October 14, 2016

Iokwe!

I can't believe I am leaving to the Marshall Islands this coming Tuesday at 6:20 a.m.I felt like the 6 weeks here in the MTC went by fast, but also I felt like I have been here for years! My district, and I leave out of the Salt Lake city airport to Hawaii, and stay in Hawaii for the whole afternoon. We stay the night in Hawaii at a hotel, then wake up, and get to the Hawaii airport to fly straight to the Marshalls. I am so excited to leave the MTC! I can't wait to spend time in Hawaii. 

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, and how it has helped me make good choices. I know that Jesus Christ loves us because he died for us so that we may be able to repent of our sins, and live with our Heavenly Father again. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, I know that reading studying, and pondering its pages will helps us receive answers to our questions. Having the Book of Mormon should not be taking lightly. We need to study, and ponder the pages of the Book of Mormon everyday. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the father,and His son Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and through him the true church, the Priesthood are restored to the earth. I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love, Elder Sien




It looks like Jacob figured out his camera, and sent lots of pictures this week:













One of the pros of sending packages full of food to Elder Sien and his companion, is we also get to hear from Elder Sien's Samoan companion's (whom I am sure appreciate all the food)  Jacob shared with us that Elder Uitu ate all 24 twinkies within 2 days!  The "Island guy" can eat!  Their letters were both very positive of Elder Sien:


Mom,

I wrote u this letter, to show how supportive I am to ur son...I am so happy to be Siens companion.. He is a good elder, he nas a strong heart..and i thank him for that...thank u for trusting me, I will always take care of him...like i told him everytime, Sien i always got your back, dont worry about anything. And i promised u that no harm things will stop us from moving forward in gods work.....I love him so much, I always treat him as my Brother, cause i am from a family with only 3 sisters, but no brother....BUt anyways, thank you again for being such a great mother. Send my love to ur husband and also the Kids...much love from the island guy...lol....

Ulimasao Vincent Uitu!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mom,

i'm Elder Sien samoan friend here in the mtc..we'll be leaving nextweek for Marshall Island..yeah..i am so amaze of how you raise your son..he is a really really HUMBLE missionary.i love working together with Elder Sien and  i love helping him.I just wanna embrace you with your husband for teaching and supporting Sien to come here in the mission.It really is a blessing for me to have  Elder Sien here with us.We are all excited we're leaving next week..We are taking care of each others here in the mtc and we will always take care of each others..Love You..May God Bless Elder SIEN's Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment